Rescue Service 41
Today is a historic day. On October 15, 2021, the International Rescue Service 41 was created (a voluntary public organization uniting professional rescuers from various services and volunteers). The purpose of such an organization is to unite the efforts of professionals and volunteers working in the elimination of natural disasters (fires, floods, earthquakes, etc.), using Zello, a mobile walkie-talkie.
The essence of the project is as follows. In the dedicated Zello Work professional network, a separate channel named ‘Rescue Service 41’ has been created for its international members. Rescue professionals and volunteers can communicate using a walkie-talkie on their mobiles, to carry out emergency response tasks anywhere in the world and in any language.
How does it work?
1. Anyone who wants to join the International Rescue Service 41 channel should submit an application as described at the end of the article.
2. Provide detailed information about yourself. Be sure to indicate your role in the International Rescue Service 41. For example:
- Dispatcher — to carry out coordination between units working in disaster areas in your area of responsibility.
- Rescuer (or first responder) — a professional from a government organization (firefighter, rescuer, etc.) responding to an emergency.
- Volunteer — a person who has expressed a desire to provide all possible assistance without payment.
- Observer — a person observing the process, who can provide any assistance remotely, or a representative of the media covering this event.
3. Install the mobile application Zello walkie-talkie (you can install it on a PC), and connect to our channel (see the video below for connection settings):
4. Depending on your role in the channel, complete your tasks (detailed instructions will be sent by e-mail).
5. Connect to the Telegram channel to resolve any issues which may emerge, to get consultations and for general interactions (the entrance to the Telegram channel is available to everyone).